When preparing a home for the market, renovations for practical and aesthetic reasons are usually required to add value. One smart upgrade would be to invest in a new HVAC system. It gives the property a true market appeal. While potential buyers may not walk away due to an old or run down HVAC system, it could become a point of contention in negotiations.
What to Consider
Consider the age of your system. If it’s less than 10 years old, you can most likely leave it be. However, get a professional’s opinion to ensure it’s operating at optimal efficiency. If the system is 15+ years old, too big or too small, or repairs are needed that total more than half the cost of a new system, it’s better to replace.
energy.gov says homes with energy-efficient HVAC systems tend to have a higher selling value (between 5-8%) than homes without them. Buyers who want to save money will love the idea, and your state may offer a tax break for a property with an energy-efficient HVAC system.
Here is a list of upgrade ideas that can easily increase property value and make your home competitive on the market.
• Insulation: low risk investment with a return that yields 95-116%.
• Furnace/Boiler: improves efficiency and attracts buyers.
• Ductwork: replacing improves air quality and recommended cleanliness.
• Windows: they should be as highly insulated as your walls.
• Roofs: A well insulated roof relieves strain on the system.
• Central Air: pricey but can pump up home value by close to 10%.
To learn more about what HVAC upgrade options we have to help increase the value of your property, contact 72 Degrees Comfort Company at 515-965-7272 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.