Maybe you have a new furnace or maybe your furnace is getting up there in age, either way most of us are trying to get the most from it. If taken care of properly, furnaces can last quite some time. Optimize your investment and give your furnace a longer life with some TLC and these steps!
• FILTER CHANGES Dirty filters can clog internal furnace components and generally degrade the integrity of the unit. Be sure to replace your furnace filter every often. The length of time varies depending on the type of filter and the different variables in your home such as excess dust, pet hair, etc.
• ENERGY EFFICIENT HOME Keep your furnace running strong by reducing the strain put on the unit. Have your home and ductwork checked for any air leaks and bolster your insulation. Not only will these steps preserve your furnace, but they will also reduce your energy bill every month.
• FURNACE CHECK UP The most important thing you can do to keep a furnace healthy is schedule annual maintenance appointments. Here at 72 Degrees, we offer a Maintenance Agreement Package (MAP) that can be purchased annually that covers one air conditioner tune up, one furnace tune up, discounts, priority scheduling, and a 2-year guarantee on any repairs!
• VIGILANCE Stay on top of things. Act on anything that could be wrong. If there is an odd rattle, don’t ignore it! While not all issues may lead to a furnace break down however, an easy repair now could lead to a preventable extreme repair later.
• CLEAN SPACE For a furnace to work properly, it needs to have a clean room. Clean space in the home will allow the furnace to obtain air properly and keeps serious problems from happening. A fire can easily start if clothing and other things are kept too close.
Keeping your home’s furnace performing up to par is easy with the help from the heating experts at 72 Degrees. Our professionally trained heating technicians can help your home stay comfy and cozy all year round!
To schedule an appointment, call 72 Degrees at 515-965-7272 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org